I’m late to the party. I woke up with a headache and I can’t read with a headache so back to sleep I went. I think I’m okay now, though it’s kind of hovering. Here’s hoping it’ll fly away. Here’s my Opening Meme – Better Late Than Never, Right?
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Stack. Yeah. I don’t get through stacks of books in a day. I’m going to try to catch up on Master and Margarita, maybe Woman in White, although watching Blandings last night made me want to read Something New.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I went and bought way too many, but probably these Korean baked potato crackers which I may have started last night in a moment of weakness
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I hate the spacing on this blog. It’s too big. This is my third year doing this, I think. I’ve never managed to stay up all night. If only this were a thing when I was younger. I used to be able to stay up all night.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I don’t know what I’ll do different. Probably nothing. I enjoy the readathon and there’s not much I can do about the fact I read slow. I seem to recall napping a lot last time. Maybe less of that?
I’m late with the mid-event survey because I did not have a totally free day:
1. What are you reading right now?
Still Master and Margarita
2. How many books have you read so far?
.1? Even for me I haven’t read much today
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Oh, let’s not kid ourselves. I will fall asleep in a couple hours having read a bit more M&M
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Just one, but it was long. I had plans for the evening and just got back.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How few snacks I’ve eaten
End of Event Survey
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I wasn’t really into the readathon enough to be daunted. I read what I could and went to sleep when I was too sleepy. I did last until almost 2 AM, I think
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I’m finding Master and Margarita quite interesting, but not everyone would
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? I don’t know. Clearly I wasn’t that into it, but that could just be me.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Sorry, wasn’t paying enough attention to know
- How many books did you read? .2
- What were the names of the books you read? Master and Margarita Oh and half a chapter of Something New
- Which book did you enjoy most? Same as above.
- Which did you enjoy least? I guess Something New, though I’m not sure. I liked them both.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Given my general lack of enthusiasm? I’m not sure. But probably will. Try to visit more blogs next time.