Good morning, afternoon or evening! n433333333333 <– message from my cat.
First thing we do, we answer the survey!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?bgvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv-p
Also known as Maryland
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
See, okay, I’m not quite ready. I didn’t get a stack together and I can’t decide what to read, but ,mmmmmmk, I will in the next 14 minutes.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Peanut butter and chocolate coated popcorn.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I never know what to say for things like this.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Already done! I’m up and filling out the survey before 8:00! But what to read? Finish the current thing or something all new for the readathon? 9 minutes to decide!
Mid-Way and a bit!
So, what did I decide? I started a new book, the second Anthony Bathurst mystery – The Case of the Black Twenty-Two. A lawyer named Peter Delantry is asked to look at some items about to go on sale at auction which belonged to Mary, Queen of Scots. A millionaire has asked his firm to buy these items. It is an unusual request for this firm and a series of unusual events occurs including a robbery and two murders. Enter that paragon of masculine virtues, Anthony Bathurst.
I’m afraid I haven’t gotten very far. I have had calls from old friends, did some gardening and had to run to a restaurant for carryout and then, er, I may or may not have fallen asleep while reading. I will keep on though and sad to say the little I’ve read today is more than I’ve managed the past couple times. Or maybe happy to say I’ve improved. I never do make it the full 24 hours, but I will do what I can… line by line… page by page… book by book!
- How would you assess your reading overall? Not great. I really need to get into practice for October
- Did you have a strategy, and if so, did you stick to it? erm, not really, and yet no. All I meant to do was read as much as I could, and I didn’t.
- What was your favorite snack? Peanut butter and chocolate popcorn
- Wanna volunteer for our next event? Stay tuned for the recap post!
I had a good day, talking with old friends, doing a bit of gardening and reading not much, but more than I have for a while, so maybe it’s the start of a new reading run.